Saturday, January 5, 2013

Hello!

Hello :)  I have about 6 different blogs (yes 6) that I started several months ago, each on a different genealogy topic.  I quickly found that to be far too cumbersome to keep going, so I decided to start a catch-all blog.

First, a little information about me, I am 26 and have been researching since I was about 13.  It started out as a way for my mother to keep her mother interacting after a stroke, but it soon became a passion of mine.  If I could, I would quit my dayjob and become a professional genealogist full-time.  If you've been researching for a while, I'm sure many of you know how addicting it can become! :)

Most of my research has been in Pennsylvania, but I've also had experience researching in New York, Ohio, Maryland, Virginia, DC, West Virginia, and (through the magic of the internet and microfilm) Germany, Scotland, and many other places.

In 2008, after I graduated college and before I found my current job (2009-present!), I also researched for others.  Mostly for free, sometimes for small payments (I was a broke college student after all, lol).

I'll update this blog on stubborn ancestors, interesting newspaper articles I find, photographs, genealogy with DNA, and anything else that may come up.  Please enjoy, and thanks for checking out my site!

-Katie Rennie

No comments:

Post a Comment